There are two (2) categories of membership in the Association.
Please read carefully to see where you may fit, and then fill out the form at the bottom of the page with your application.
Regular Members —
Regular membership in the Association will be open to: People in the Canadian media whose primary function is to report or write about golf; People working in TV, radio and electronic media who regularly cover golf as a substantial part of their job.
Regular Members must devote a significant part of their time and derive a significant part of their income from activities in one of the following categories:
- Editor, Columnist, Feature Golf Writer or Golf Reporter for an international, national, regional or local golf magazine, golf journal or golf newspaper published at least four times per year;
- Editor, Columnist, Feature Golf Writer or Golf Reporter for a website devoted exclusively to golf;
- Golf Columnist, Feature Golf Writer or Golf Reporter for a daily newspaper;
- Freelance golf writer;
- Host or co-host of a golf show on TV or radio that is broadcast regularly
(ie. weekly during the golf season)
Regular members of the Association will have a vote on all matters before GJAC and are eligible to serve on the Executive and Board of Directors. The annual membership fee for a Regular Member is $50.
Associate Members —
Associate membership in the Association shall be open to: People who work part time or full time as press officers or in public relations or media relations for Golf Associations, golf tours or golf tournaments; People who work as press officers or in public relations or media relations for golf related companies.
Associate Members will come from at least one of the following categories:
- Editor, Columnist, Feature Writer or Reporter for a newspaper, journal, magazine, TV show or Radio show where golf is part of your contribution amongst other sports
- Publishers of golf magazines, golf journals or golf newspapers published at least four times per year;
- Freelance golf travel writer;
- Freelance writers who contribute articles or columns on golf instruction, golf fitness, health & nutrition and other golf related topics;
- Employees or contract personnel involved in public relations, media relations or communications for an international, national, provincial or regional golf association, golf tour or golf event;
- Employees or contract personnel involved in public relations, media relations or communications for a golf equipment or golf apparel company;
- Employees or contract personnel involved in public relations, media relations or communications for other companies, associations or groups in the golf industry;
- Such other activities as the GJAC Board shall deem to be appropriate for Associate Membership.
Associate members are not eligible to vote or serve on the Board or in an Executive capacity. The annual membership fee for an Associate Member is $75.
ALREADY A GJAC MEMBER?
In an effort to simplify our payment process, we are recommending you use PAYPAL (linked below), an online option, to pay your GJAC membership dues. Membership fees remain unchanged – $50 for regular members, $75 for associate members.
For those of you who wish to pay by cheque, please send your payment to:
Golf Journalists Association of Canada
ATTN: Grant Fraser, Secretary/Treasurer
Glen Abbey Golf Club, 1333 Dorval Drive, Oakville, ON L6J 4Z3
If you have any questions feel free to contact Grant Fraser directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 844-7666.
What do you get for your membership dues?
- Exclusive media offers and invites
- Access to a comprehensive membership list
- Opportunity to play in the annual GJAC golf tournament
- Chance to win a variety of cash and equipment prizes in our annual Writing & Photography Awards competition
Click here — GJAC_Master (2017) — for a copy of the full membership database.